If you are planning to book flight tickets with Southwest Airlines, it is important to be aware of Southwest Airlines’ cancellation policy. This article will outline the steps you need to take if you need to cancel your flight, as well as the fees and penalties associated with cancelling.
So, whether you’ve changed your mind about your trip or something comes up that forces you to cancel, read on for all the information you need.
Buycheaptrip Travels has expertise in Southwest Air Cancellation Policy. If you need any assistance, Please contact Allegiant air Support at +1-501-299-9845.
Southwest Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy Here are the important highlights from the Southwest Airlines cancellation policy
Southwest Airlines has three kinds of fares.
(i) Wanna Get Away
Select are cancellable options for those looking to escape work or enjoy some time off with their family; whereas If it’s business as usual that you’re after, there is also the option available that can be reused but not refunded in case your plans change on short notice like an emergency arising at last minute before departure.
Southwest Airlines has a cool policy that lets you use your ticket for any future trip up to one year after the date it was initially purchased. The only restriction is if someone else bought their seat too, then they can’t go on this beautiful adventure with me!
Southwest Airlines No Show policy is pretty simple: in accordance with the company’s No-Show rule, fares need to be canceled at least 10 minutes before your scheduled flight departure time. If this doesn’t happen and there are no substitutes available for you on shorter notice than that, of course, we’ll offer a refund or credit toward another Southwest Ticket purchase!
Southwest Airlines No Show policy is pretty simple: Following the company’s No-Show rule, fares need to be cancelled at least 10 minutes before your scheduled flight departure time. If this doesn’t happen and there are no substitutes available for you on shorter notice than that, of course, we’ll offer a refund or credit toward another Southwest Ticket purchase!
If You have booked a refundable fare like any time or Business fare and need to cancel your trip, you need to request a cancellation and Refund from Southwest Airlines. They will refund 100% of the fare in its original form or Travel Funds for future use.
You’ll want to cancel your Southwest Airlines flights booked with reward points.
(i) Request Southwest Airlines and apply for the refund of your reward point used while booking the ticket.
(ii) As per the Southwest Airlines cancellation Policy, you will be debited with some points as a penalty, and the remaining point balance will be credited back. Ant taxes and fees will also qualify for a flight refund!
Southwest 24-Hour Cancellation Policy
If you cancel your flight booking within 24 hours of making it, Southwest Airlines will refund any fare back to the original form of payment. You can also opt for Travel Funds instead and use them toward future flights with their partner airlines!
Southwest Airlines Cancellation Fees
Southwest Airlines has a unique cancellation fee policy in which they do not charge customers when their flights get cancelled.
This is compared to other major airlines, where the price ranges from 200 USD up depending on what airline you’re travelling with and whether or not there was enough time left before your trip began.
You can also make changes to your Southwest Airlines flight without penalty until you check in for it. If you wish to make any changes or cancel your ticket after this, there will be a fee involved depending upon the kind of fare that you bought.
How to Cancel Southwest Airlines Flight?
Now that you know the policy let’s look at how to cancel your Southwest Airlines flights
(i) -If you are cancelling because of some emergency or last-minute work issue, call Southwest Airlines directly at 801-792-8472 (Reservations), 1-800-I–FLY–SWA (Customer Care), and speak to one of their customer service representatives. Keep in mind that you will need your confirmation number, which you’ll find in the top right corner of your itinerary. The representative will let you know how much your cancellation fee will be.
(ii) If you need to cancel your flight because of illness, injury, or death in your immediate family (travelling companions), you will be able to get a refund or change the date of travel without penalty up to 10 minutes before the scheduled departure. To seek this kind of assistance, call Southwest Airlines directly at 1-800-I–FLY-SWA (1-800-435-9792) or 1-(800)-I–FLY-SWA (-1-(800)-43597292). you can also visit Southwest's official website at www.southwest.com.
However, you must provide your confirmation number to the representative so they can confirm that it is a qualifying reason for a refund or change.
For any cancellation after the time stated above, Southwest Airlines charges fees based on the type of ticket you have used. If your ticket was refundable, then there won’t be any additional charges if it was cancelled before the proper time frame. For non-refundable tickets, you’ll be charged a fee of 200 USD per person if it’s the day of travel or after 20 minutes have passed. If your type of ticket isn’t refundable, then you’ll need to pay any fare back in addition to taxes and fees before you can get reimbursed.
Southwest Airlines doesn’t charge fees for making changes to your reservation, but it affects the fare you paid. If you bought a refundable ticket and changed your flight date or time before departure, there shouldn’t be any price difference. But if you need to make any changes after this point or apply for a refund.
You can also change your reservation online by logging into your account. At the top, click on the ‘My Trips’ link and scroll to the trip you wish to change.
You can cancel your flight by following these steps:
To cancel your Southwest Airlines Ticket or to make any changes to your flight ticket, you need to follow the following points- 1. First, you need to go to the southwest office website at www.southwest.com or go your Southwest Mobile App.
2. Once you’ve opened the Southwest Airlines mobile app or on your Desktop, select ‘Manage Reservation. This will take us to our confirmation page, where we can see all of your flight details and make any changes or cancel your ticket.
3. Type the six-digit confirmation number and your passenger’s name in this field to begin processing their request.
4. To cancel your Southwest Airlines flight, go to the ‘Cancel Flights’ button and select a passenger. You can also pick just one person if they have more than one confirmation with them attached to their booking.
5. Southwest Airlines’ rapid rewards cancellation policy allows flyers to cancel or change their reservation by logging in and looking it up.
Cancel a Southwest Airlines flight over the phone
1. Call Southwest Airlines customer service directly at 1-800-I–FLY–SWA (1-800-435-9792) or 1-(800)-I–FLY-SWA (-1-(800)-43597292) or visit the website.
2. Make sure you have a six-digit booking reference and the passenger’s name handy to find their reservation.
3. To cancel a booking, you may need the assistance of an expert. The Airlines Support team should be able to help you with this process, and it’s best if they can refund you the booking amount spent on the ticket you booked on the original mode of payment.
4. If you have used a credit card or debit card to pay for your ticket, you may be able to get a refund on the same credit card. If not, the airline will issue you a voucher for any difference between what you paid and what it would have cost originally.
5. You should call Southwest Airlines directly if you need to cancel or change your flight because of an emergency or other unexpected situation that prevents you from going on your trip.
6. You should also call Southwest Airlines to cancel or change a ticket if you can’t travel because you have been hospitalised if your travelling companion has been killed, put in the hospital for an emergency by a doctor’s order, or because of other unexpected events that prevent you from going on your trip.
Southwest Airlines Cancellation Policy for Non-refundable tickets
A non-refundable ticket may cost more to change or cancel, so it’s important to understand Southwest Airlines’ policy around these types of tickets.
Southwest Airlines does allow passengers to make changes or cancel non-refundable fares. In the case of a non-refundable fare, you can cancel the ticket and apply for a refund for a medical emergency or any unforeseen situation.
In these exceptional cases, Southwest airlines may give you a refund as a future credit, which you can use later in the future. Use the Travel funds and then purchase a new ticket and book it on a non-refundable fare.
The other way is to make the changes in your travel date, but you’ll need to pay any difference in the cost as well as a change fee before they can go on the trip.
If you want to book any new flight ticket after cancellation, the best way is with last-minute options. It’s an affordable cost that can be hard for some people in these instances because they are not able or prepared enough at first glance without help from a representative of Southwest Airlines who will give them details on their policy regarding cancellations.